This dinner idea literally almost makes itself and is the perfect option on the busiest days. Chicken and rice are both mild in taste, and are suitable for both large and small around the dinner table.
- 2tbsp cooking oil (olive oil, extra virgin)
- 4tbsp of butter and margarine
- 1pc of yellow onion
- 4pcs normal size carrot
- 600g fresh chicken fillet
- 1tsp of sea salt
- 1tsp of pepper
- 800ml of chicken broth
- 300g of white rice
- 50g of grated parmesan
- 20g of coarsely chopped parsley leaves
- Wash and dry the vegetables. Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan. When the butter is melted, add the finely chopped onion, grated carrot and fry it for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces, salt and pepper. Continue to cook for approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and rice. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and put on the lid. Cook until the rice is done for approximately 15 minutes. Stir in parmesan and parsley.
Serve hot and warm all-in-one casserole with rice and chicken.