This rich brown beef stew is easy to make and incredibly good as a family meal!
- fresh parsley
- 1pc of yellow onion
- 4pcs of normal size carrot
- 600g of potatoes
- 600g of beef cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp of butter/cooking oil
- 1tsp of salt
- Clean the vegetables. Cut parsley, yellow onion, carrot and potatoes into large pieces. Set aside.
- Brown the meat well in a hot pan with butter/oil. Do not brown all the meat at once, do it batches. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the meat to a saucepan when it is done browning.
- Add one serving of jelly stock and 5 dl of water, bring to boil. Let it simmer with the lid on for an hour until the meat begins to tenderize. Add more water if necessary.
- Add the chopped vegetables, and simmer on medium heat until the meat is completely tender. Stir occasionally so that the stew does not burn to the bottom. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve brown stew topped with finely chopped parsley.