It doesn't get much easier than this, and the best part is it's not boring! In this recipe, the flavor of ginger and herbs gives a tasty twist to the traditional dish.
- 15dl of water
- 1.25dl of chicken stock
- 500g of chicken, shredded
- 2000g of stew mixture, frozen
- 2.5 tbsp of fresh ginger
- 50g of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2.5 tsp of salt, sea salt
- 2.5 tsp of ground pepper
- Boil water and stock in a suitably large pot.
- Add chicken strips and stew mixture. Bring to the boil and let it simmer for approx. 5 minutes on medium heat.
- While the pot is simmering, grate the ginger on the finely chopped parsley. Add the mixer into the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve steaming hot chicken soup with ginger.
Tips from the chefs:
- If you want a complete soup, you can add a couple of tablespoons of mashed potatoes. Serve also with seed-rich crispbread; crush a little and let it soften while you eat.
- If you have the time and opportunity, it is absolutely great to use fresh vegetables you have lying around. Cut into cubes and let them cook for approx. 3-4 minutes before you have in the chicken.
- Frozen vegetable mixes are great for saving time on cutting and work well in soups and stews. Freezing is a natural way of preserving vegetables and means that they retain both taste and nutrients.