Savoury pancakes are the best way to have your pancakes. Trust me!
Pancakes do not have to be sweet or only restricted to breakfast time.
With this recipe, you can turn a breakfast dish to an anytime dish.
This yummy meal can be served warm or cold depending on your preference. Also, it is a smart way to get picky toddlers to eat their vegetables.
There are many variations to these pancakes. For example, for the meat-lovers, you can add the following ingredients to the batter: Bacon, Chicken shreds, or Cheese, to name a few.
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 level teaspoons of baking powder
- 4 cups of milk
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 cups of very thick veggie paste (Stone soup as we call it at home). I will add a separate post on how to make stone soup right after this post.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and slowly add the wet ingredients. Mix until it forms a uniform mixture. Ensure that it is not too runny.
- In a preheated pan, pour a serving spoon of batter and let it cook. Ensure that all the bubbles have popped before flipping the pancake. Serve and enjoy!😋