For this classic dish, we have made a meat-free variant based on the same flavours. The minced meat has been replaced with red lentils that are full of protein, dietary fibre and iron.
- 400g of spaghetti
- 1pc of yellow onion
- 2 large fresh garlic
- 0.5 pc of celery sticks
- 2 normal size carrots
- 4 tbsp of cooking oil
- vegetable broth
- 400g of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp of ketchup
- 100ml of whipped cream
- 360g of red lentils
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 20g of finely chopped fresh parsley
- Cook spaghetti according to the instructions on the package.
- Wash, dry and finely chop onion, garlic, celery and carrot.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the vegetables and sauté until shiny.
- Put the vegetable broth in the pot together with canned tomatoes and ketchup. Let it simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add whipped cream and lentils to the pan. Bring to boil and season with salt and pepper.
Serve spaghetti with vegetable bolognese. Top with finely chopped parsley.
- Top the dish with a good spoonful of cottage cheese. It gives a super good taste contrast to the rich sauce.