Enjoy this Indian-inspired curry with a taste of coconut and coriander. A good coriander paste as a starting point makes the dish easy to make, and extra tasty.
- 300g of loose rice
- 0.5 pcs of peeled lemon
Sweet potato and chicken curry
- 500g sweet potato
- 3 large fresh garlic
- 600g of chicken thigh fillet
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 4 tbsp of coriander paste
- 4 dl of coconut milk
- 0.5 pcs of lemon , the juice
- 1 tsp of salt, sea salt
20 g of coriander, fresh , coarsely chopped
- Boil rice according to the instructions on the package.
- When the rice is done, place it in a suitably large bowl. Grate over lemon peel and mix with a fork so it mixes well.
- Peel a squash, grate it and cut it into 2 cm pieces. Clean the garlic clove.
- Divide the thigh fillet into 2cm pieces. V arm neutral oil in an appropriately sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces and brown lightly for approx. 2 minutes before you have in the sweet potato, whole garlic clove and coriander paste. Simmer quickly for approx. 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut milk, boil up and lock lid. Let it simmer for approx. 5 minutes, remove the lid and continue to cook for approx. 5 minutes without lid.
- Season with lemon juice, salt and possibly more coriander paste.
Serve sweet potato and chicken curry with lemon rice. Top with coarsely chopped coriander.
Tips from the chefs:
- By using a fork when you mix the lemon peel into the rice, you get a more airy rice.